“See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it. It always works, it works every time, with every person.” – Bob Proctor
You probably don’t constantly think about how your mindset affects your life. You may have always thought this way, either because of how you were raised or through your experiences. Your mindset in fact not only affects your life, but it also directs your life. Changing how you think is the single most important thing you can do to improve your life.
It’s not easy to do. I know. I’ve been working on mindset shifts to improve my life for a long time.
Abundance mindset, scarcity mindset, fear mindset, fixed mindset, growth mindset, confident mindset and many others are all different types of mindsets we have. Do any of these mindsets sound like you? Each unconscious and conscious belief affects our lives every moment.
According to the research of Stanford psychologist Carol Dweck, the power of our beliefs, both conscious and unconscious, is far greater than we imagine and changing even the simplest of them can have profound impact on nearly every aspect of our lives.
The world has changed dramatically in the last few years, especially in the last year. The pandemic has affected all of us in some way and has been devastating to many. There is speculation among leading experts that many people will not make the shift to new thinking and action until COVID-19 affects us personally. The impact of the virus will not become real for us until someone we know contracts the virus or dies from it.
The world has moved into what has been described as a “new normal”. But what that means is open to discussion. What some may see as limiting and disruptive may be seen by others as an opportunity – an opportunity to emerge in ways you define. Change has occurred rapidly and definitively. Are you moving around by the winds of change or defining your own change and how you can take control of your life?
The first step is becoming aware of our mindset and consciously choosing to develop a mindset that will help us move forward with creating our intentional life. If we allow ourselves to remain stuck in the flow of things, we are abdicating our choices to circumstances. All the advice in the world about how to get the most out of life is worthless if we don’t take responsibility for the choices we make, or we allow those choices to be made for us.
For us to emerge from these experiences and thrive, not just exist, we need to think about and plan for who we are now and who we want to be in the future. We can start by practicing mindfulness and reframing our mindset.
If you are totally happy with yourself and your ability to navigate the new normal, I suggest you stop reading here. But before you go, describe your strategies for being in control of your life and what makes you feel secure in your abilities to move forward with confidence.
If you’re still reading, here are five ways changing your mindset to an abundance or growth mindset can improve your life.
- You aren’t afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Changing your mindset to one of growth allows you to see the many different paths available to you in whatever you are seeking, whether it is job advancement, creative outlets, or something more personal. This allows you to move forward rather than being stuck in the same place.
- You become comfortable sharing ideas without feeling threatened or intimidated, which leads to better choices, environments, and relationships.
- Changing your mindset to one of growth helps you build better personal and romantic relationships. You realize people will always have differences. You learn that a relationship involves learning about and from each other.
- You’ll begin to judge yourself and others less. You won’t have time to waste on judging others are saying or doing. Instead, you’ll be able to focus on making progress in your life.
- The change to a growth mindset allows you to accept constructive criticism for what it is and use it for personal growth. You become more confident because you won’t need validation to reassure you that you’re doing it right.
You can change your mindset. And it will improve your life. Your skills can be cultivated, learned, practiced, and grown. You no longer worry about what will happen. Instead, you will commit to the process of taking action and learning along the way.
Changing your mindset helps you to step out of your comfort zone to go after what you want and believe you will get it.
Is your mindset helping or hindering you at this point in your life?
My new course, “Designing Your New Normal Mindset”, is a great place to start to examine your mindset and define ways to change it to benefit you. It’s easier than you think. This course provides the guidance to help you enter the next phase of your life with awareness and confidence. If you're interested, click on the Contact Me page of HER Life Hacks and request a coupon code, and I'll send you a 50% off coupon code just for you!
Try on “Designing Your Normal Mindset” for size! Then let me know what worked for you and how you applied the course in your life.
Here’s to the peace and joy of your new normal mindset!