Are you living by design or default?
Because it is one or the other.
And it’s your decision. Even if you’re going with the flow and dealing with whatever comes along, that is a decision. You cannot NOT make a decision.
The last three years have taken their toll on the world. No one has escaped from the impact of a global pandemic. Some have managed to do well, but everyone has felt the impact of a changing world at a speed we would have never thought possible.
And the future may seem scary. Our country is in turmoil. And how do you make decisions for a future that is so unpredictable?
As I neared my retirement, I felt uneasy, like there was more that I should be doing with my life. It seemed as though I was not reaching the level of my potential to help people.
So, in the fall of my 49th birthday, I went back to college to work on a doctorate. I knew I would never recoup the money it would take to get me there. But I also knew I had the potential and a deep yearning to pursue it.
As I neared completion of my course work, the amount of time I needed to complete my dissertation made it difficult for me to work at my job as Career and Technical Education Director for my county and write. How was I going to manage?
Before I could retire with full benefits, I retired anyway. That left my husband and me living off of his income only.
But I graduated that fall with an Ed.D in Educational Leadership! It had only taken me 36 years to FINISH school!!
And I had no job. But I was blessed with the opportunity to take care of my two wonderful grandchildren for a year. They were ages 2 and 9 months!
Then my dream job was offered to me! I finished my educational career as a Regional Coordinator for Career and Technical Education with the state of North Carolina. I supervised 22 counties in the state’s northeast region with an office in my hometown.
I completed 34 years in education and retired with nothing to do.
I didn’t take it well. I sat around and played sudoku and games on my iPad.
Then I started thinking about creating a blog and products online that would use my home economics and educational leadership background to help busy families. That evolved into HER Life Hacks and Simple Systems for Life websites and blog.
Why do I tell you all of this?
Because I had to make major shifts in my thinking at each crossroads of my life. I had to change my mindset. Even though it was scary, I made that shift.
You can too.I created a 4-module online course, “Designing Your New Normal Mindset” to help individuals who have been reeling from the impact of a global pandemic.
The world has changed, whether we like it or not. Are you going to thrive or just survive? It’s a decision.
Where are you now?
Do any of these feelings apply to you?
- Angry about the political scene and seeming restrictions placed on personal freedoms
- Afraid for the lives of children, grandchildren, family members and yourself as you go to public places, like schools, churches, shopping centers
- Feelings of helplessness and sometimes hopelessness
- Feeling unable to get what you want and deserve out of life
- Anxiety about making life-altering decisions and being able to follow through
- Lacking the confidence to try new things
- Feeling cheated by the current conditions you find yourself in
- Worrying about the future
- Putting yourself and everyone else down
If you have experienced any of these feelings, I urge you to take a look at my course, “Designing Your New Normal Mindset”.
Here’s what it can do for you
- Lead you through a process to reflect on and evaluate how your current level of thinking is impacting your lifestyle
- Assist you in creating a new mindset map to adopt
- Strengthen your response to personal challenges
Here’s what you get:
- A 4-module course that takes you from:
- An introduction to the concept of mindset
- Through evaluating your current mindset (with accompanying workbook and basic mindset test)
- To a process to design the mindset that you want and need to guide your life (using information you learned about yourself and a personal lifestyles reflection worksheet)
- A tips report on 10 Things to Make Your Life Better
- A 7-minute guided meditation, “Calm the Raging River”
- Bonus downloadable copy of “The Serenity Prayer,” suitable for framing.
- Access to me for questions, clarifications, and comments
Here’s how to get it:
- Go HERE to purchase
- Enter your email address, so I’ll know where to send your purchase.
- Use the coupon code NEWNOW to receive a $20 discount, making your investment only $17!
- Click CONTINUE to complete the purchase.
If you have any questions about the course and whether it can help you, reply to this email. I’ll be glad to answer emails or jump on Zoom call with you (with or without video). Click on the Contact Me page and send me your message. I will respond within 2 business days. Just let me know how I can help.
What is your current mindset costing you? Why don’t you take the first step to moving forward and taking action? Click here to take that step.
Disclosure: My blog posts sometimes contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, which is at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
I’m Vicki Peel, former home economics teacher and educational administrator. If you are not receiving my emails, coupons, and freebies, look for the Subscribe block (below right) and submit your contact information. I will not share your information with anyone, and all the content you will receive as part of our community is free. I may occasionally promote someone else’s paid content, offer a product for your consideration or share an item that I think might be of use to you. However, you are under no obligation to purchase anything – ever. So, sign up now so you won’t miss anything during our July through September focus on LIFESTYLE!
There is an old adage ‘never trust a man that walks without a limp’. I love that your transformational information comes from experience, and this course sounds like a game-changer for us.
Thank you, Judy! I appreciate that analogy!